Thank you for your interest in West Covina Unified School District. We’re located in eastern Los Angeles County in the San Gabriel Valley and serve over 14,500 students in 15 schools.
If you are looking for employment opportunities at WCUSD or just need information related to human resources, you’ve come to the right place. Our human resource division is committed to providing excellent customer service with integrity and professionalism. WCUSD is an equal opportunity employer that actively supports equal access for all.
West Covina actively seeks to recruit and select highly qualified candidates for our open positions and to promote positive employee-employer relations. At WCUSD, you can expect clear communication, encouraging collaboration, and an advanced professional development program.
If you are interested in joining our district, please visit the Edjoin website listed on the right side of this page for open positions and other important employment information. All certificated candidates must provide proof of current credentials when applying. If you have questions or need help with anything, please let us know; our contact information is below.
Professional Development and Teacher Support
The professional development program at West Covina is unparalleled. We are committed to supporting our teachers as they hone their craft, learn new skills, and continue their dreams of life-long learning. To find professional development opportunities at West Covina, visit our professional development page.
Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment is a state-funded induction program designed to support new teachers and fulfill their requirements for California credentials. If you are a full-time teacher in your first or second year, we invite you to register for this program with our BTSA director, Sandy Beller.
In an effort to further support teachers as life-long learners, West Covina Unified School District offers a variety of practical workshops with personalized support. Participants will learn:
- to use technology as an instructional tool,
- engage an increasingly diverse student body,
- 21st century skills,
- classroom management techniques,
- and much more.
Contract and Salary Information
- Teachers' Association of West Covina (TAWC) Contract
- Classified School Employees' Association, Chapter #91 (CSEA) Contract
- Administrator Management Salary Schedule
- Assistant Superintendent Salary Schedule
- Classified Employee Salary Schedule
- Classified Positions and Ranges
- Coaching Stipends
- Confidential Employee Salary Schedule
- Counselor Salary Schedule
- Substitute Certificated Salary Schedule
- Substitute Classified Salary Schedule
- Teacher Certificated Salary Schedule
- Miscellaneous Pay Schedule
Complaint Procedures and Information
WCUSD values your input and opinions regarding our school district and our employees. You will find information, policies, and forms for community members to file official complaints with the district.
Please direct any questions or concerns to the following compliance officer:
Assistant Superintendent - Human Resources
1717 W. Merced Avenue
West Covina, CA 91790
(626) 939-4600, ext. 4672
Procedures and Information:
- Complaints Concerning District Employees – District Procedures (Board Policy/Administrative Regulation 1312.1)
- Complaints Concerning Content of Instructional Materials – District Procedures (Board Policy/Administrative Regulation 1312.2)
- Uniform Complaint Procedures – District Procedures (Board Policy/Administrative Regulation 1312.3)
- Uniform Complaint Procedures – Annual Notification Document
- Procedimiento Uniforme para Presentar Quejas – Documento de la Notificación Annual (Español)
- Williams Settlement Complaint Procedures – District Procedures (Administrative Regulation 1312.4)
- Williams Settlement Complaint Procedures – Notice to Parents/Guardians/Pupils/Teachers
- Acuerdo Williams del Procedimiento para Presentar Quejas – Notificación para padres de afmilia/tutores/legales/alumnus/maestros (Español)
Public Records Request Information
WCUSD maintains many records relating to students, employees, contracts, and the business of the district. Some of the records are confidential. Other records, considered public, are available upon request and sometimes for a copying fee. The public may request specific records by following the procedures outlined in our board policy and administrative regulation, Access to District Records. To request records, please submit a public records request form or letter naming the specific records requested.
Human Resources Staff
Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. We are here to help.
|Michael F. Seaman
626-939-4600 ext. 4672
626-939-4600 ext. 4672
Human Resources Specialist
626-939-4600 ext. 4674
Human Resources Specialist
626-939-4600 ext. 4673
Personnel Assistant III
626-939-4600 ext. 4675