Our Transportation Department is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of students and district employees. Our bus drivers are all certified by the state and must hold a Commercial Driver’s License. They follow all state regulations regarding school bus operations, well-organized transportation, and traffic laws. You can rest assured that your child’s safety is our top priority.
Please take some time to review the bus rules and routes as provided on this page, and if you have additional questions, give us a call. We’re glad to be of service.
Please remember, riding the bus is a privilege. In order to ensure all students’ safety, please follow these rules.
- Every student and driver deserves respect
- Respect one another in words and actions
- Keep conversations subdued and encouraging
- Be responsible. Be safe.
- Keep your body parts inside the bus
- Keep the aisles clear
- Do not tamper with or damage bus equipment
- Be on time.
- No food or drinks (including gum) on the bus.
- The bus is an extension of the school.
- All school rules apply
- No animals or pets may ride on the bus, with the exception of seeing eye dogs accompanying a student with blindness.
We will not leave kindergarten students at a bus stop without a parent/guardian there to meet them. We will return any kindergarten students who do not have safe escort home to the school after the route.
Please ensure your children are aware of the bus danger zone. The danger zone is the space around the school bus where the driver cannot see. Never walk in this area or try to pick up anything that has dropped into this area. Wait for the bus to leave, or ask an adult to help you.