There are many reasons to choose West Covina Schools for your child’s education, but the most important reason is your child. We strive to give all of the students within our organization a solid academic and social foundation that will serve them well throughout the rest of their lives. Please allow us to share some of the ways we accomplish this, and see why choosing West Covina is the best choice for your child’s future.
The mission of the West Covina Unified School District, in partnership with parents and the community, is to provide all students access to a high-quality, well-rounded curriculum rich in meaning and rigor that inspires:
- Post-secondary and career participation,
- Critical thinking and problem solving,
- Informational literacy, and
- Positive contributions to society.
We are committed to ensuring our curriculum remains relevant and promotes 21st-century learning tools so that our students leave us prepared for college and career. Visit the links at the side of this page to learn more.
Our goal to provide appropriate learning opportunities that meet the needs of all students has led us to enhance our curriculum by developing the following programs:
- After-School care
- Air Force JROTC
- AP classes
- AVID college readiness program
- Career and technology education
- District choice
- Dual Language Immersion Program
- Fine arts and physical education programs
- International Baccalaureate
- Member of East San Gabriel Valley Regional Occupational Program and Technical Center
- Transitional kindergarten
- World of Reading libraries
West Covina Unified School District offers world-class education in award-winning schools with educational programs that meet the needs of all its students. Local and national organizations have recognized our schools for our high academic standards and innovative programs. We are so proud of our hard-working students and teachers! Our district has earned such prestigious awards as: